CDL Testing and Training
We offer CDL Testing and Training. We are the largest 3rd party tester in Colorado and our school is Approved and Regulated by the State of Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools and the Department of Higher Education. We are also PTDI Certified
New or Recurring Training
Take two children; both completed 12 years of schooling. After schooling, one child continued to receive your guidance and support. The other child was required to learn the rest about life on his own. Which child do you think will be the most successful? The child that received continuing guidance and training. Now take two of your drivers. In the old days a driver was taught in a school or behind the wheel. That driver was left to learn the rest about driving on his own. But your driver also needs continuing education and support if he is expected to operate safely.
Vehicles pose the greatest risk for companies. Our training programs for companies can reduce your exposure. We use methods that reduce the severity of losses or the risk from occurring.
If the risks are improperly assessed, time and money can be wasted on training. Spending too much to avoid accidents with relatively low costs wastes your resources. Unlikely events will happen. Backing accidents have a low cost compared to a rear end collision. Manage your risk; put your training money into the issues with the highest costs.
87% percent of accidents are caused by a driver (either your driver or another). Less than 10% are caused by performance (physical) errors. 66% of accidents occurred because of mental errors. The driver either:
- Was inattentive.
- Distracted by something.
- Failed to observe the situation adequately.
- Too fast for conditions.
- Misjudged the speed of other vehicles
- Followed too closely.
How can a safety manager or business owner mitigate the effect of these risks?
Through continuing education for drivers. CDL College can help you assess and reduce your risk. We use a four tiered approach to driver training:
- Instructor led classroom
- Computer based training
- Behind the wheel instruction.
We offer training for all types of vehicles. Contact us today. We can put together a program for you that will suit your needs.
Our Training Structure
- All day / multiple day programs
- Multiple, simultaneous sessions
- Optional online training
- Rotate personnel / learning stations
- Practical / hands-on instruction
- Simulator Training
- Space Management
- Speed Management
- Pre-Trip / Post-Trip Inspections
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Hazard Perception
- Doubles/Triples Training
- Recurrent Hazmat
- Fuel Management
- Load Balance Management
- Circles of Influence
- Review Best Practices
- Driver Retention
Credentials / Experience / Facilities
- School is PTDI Certified/Accredited and courses are approved by the State of Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools and the Department of Higher Education.
- Over 40 yrs combined experience.
- Training Facility on 4 acres with 2 backing pads.
- Multiple vehicles to cover all types of training.
- State of the Art Mobile Training Simulator.
Our Training Sites
- SafetyasaService.com - Our new online driver training and safety compliance site for your company. Features a fully automated course tracking and reporting system and access to our entire training library.
- idrivetrucks.com - Our public facing site for CDL License training courses.
- CDLCollege.com - Our school website with information on our training packages.